POST EVENT PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BEACH BASH BENEFIT – RAISING HIGH HOPES
(Rye, New York – June 6, 2013) It was a fun and gorgeous night under the stars for over 120 guests at Hailey’s Hope Foundation’s 5th Annual Beach Bash on June 1, 2013 at Manursing Island Club in Rye, New York. The event was a great success and raised approximately $100,000 to benefit NICU families at Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital in Valhalla and other New York area hospitals.
Guests dined by moonlight and were treated to delicious cocktails and the sweet island sounds of our calypso band. Our first guest speaker, Dr. Amir Lahav of The Lahav Lab at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, enlighted the crowd with his cutting-edge clinical neonatal research and its beneficial effects on the brain development of babies in the NICU. Our second guest speakers, the Schlubach Family (a former HHF NICU family) brought tears to many eyes as they shared their difficult yet awe-inspiring story of their NICU journey and their daughter, Lilly’s, premature birth at 24 weeks gestation. Capping off the night with a fun auction and raffles and sweet treats, guests received a wonderful gift bag, including a Hailey’s Hope Foundation picnic blanket, compliments of Advanced Control Solutions and Davis Disposal Service, Inc.
Special thanks to:
- Our Sponsors:
- Premier Sponsors: Reckson, A Division of SL Green, Lincoln Land Services LLC, and Jones Lang LaSalle;
- Participating Sponsors: The Holliday Foundation, Tina and Andrew Mathias, Alicia and Matt DiLiberto, and Securitas Security Services, USA, Inc.;
- Entertainment Sponsors: The Popper Family and The Galiano Family;
- Dessert Sponsor: Palotta Landscaping Inc.; and
- Guest Gifts Sponsors: Advanced Control Solutions and Davis Disposal Service, Inc.;
- Our Guest Speakers: Dr. Amir Lahav (The Lahav Lab at Brigham and Women’s Hospital) and Sara and Max Schlubach (former NICU parents); and
- All of our guests and supporters who made this a truly memorable night.
About Hailey’s Hope Foundation
Hailey’s Hope Foundation was established in 2007 to support the needs of families with premature and critically ill babies hospitalized in New York-area Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) and to help improve the quality of NICU care. In addition to providing NICU families with financial assistance for non-medical expenses, emotional support and educational information, Hailey’s Hope Foundation works closely with NICU staff to understand families’ needs and raises funds for NICU equipment and neonatal research. Its programs and initiatives strive to help families cope with a difficult NICU journey, empower them to help their babies get better, and to give NICU babies a greater fighting chance. Hailey’s Hope Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Goshen, New York. To learn more, visit www.haileyshopefoundation.org.
Vice President, Hailey’s Hope Foundation
Phone: (914) 584-8833
# # # #